Torque Specs

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Dick

Hi...I have a bobcat 743 with a V-1702 4cyl diesel motor. It has a blown headgasket and I am looking for the torque specs and the sequence for tighteing the head bolts. Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Dick

Tazza

Staff member
Ensure both surfaces are clean! remove all traces f the old gasket and wipe both surfaces with solvent.
Torque it to 55-58 foot lbs in steps. Run the machine to warm it then re-torque it. You must re-tension the head after it has warmed up as the gasket will crush a little and the bolts will loosen off. Mine were about 1 1/2 turns too loose!!! Never listen to your non-mechanic father when he tells you not to bother re-torquing *rolls eyes*
Look at http://users.tpg.com.au/tazza_/Untitled3.jpg for a scan of the repair manual, this shows the torque sequence and torque tension. Any problems just yell.

OP
OP
D

Dick

Ensure both surfaces are clean! remove all traces f the old gasket and wipe both surfaces with solvent.
Torque it to 55-58 foot lbs in steps. Run the machine to warm it then re-torque it. You must re-tension the head after it has warmed up as the gasket will crush a little and the bolts will loosen off. Mine were about 1 1/2 turns too loose!!! Never listen to your non-mechanic father when he tells you not to bother re-torquing *rolls eyes*
Look at http://users.tpg.com.au/tazza_/Untitled3.jpg for a scan of the repair manual, this shows the torque sequence and torque tension. Any problems just yell.
Thank you very much! By the way if you know of any service manuals will you let me know? Thanks and have a great day. Dick

Tazza

Staff member
Thank you very much! By the way if you know of any service manuals will you let me know? Thanks and have a great day. Dick
Service manuals are available on e-bay, but check the price from your local dealer some dealers are cheaper than on e-bay. I got mine from a fellow named maxxwedge, very nice and helpful.
Do your self a favour, get the service and parts manuals, this is a real help when you need to order parts. It takes all the guess work out of it trying to explain what the part is to the sales people.