tooth bar

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

jerry

I stopped a the bobcat dealer today and came home with a broken 72" bobcat brand tooth bar hardly used and with no visible bend or twist. For $100 I couldn't see leaving it there when I have been looking for one all summer. My question is whether this is a weak design that has caused other people trouble and should I rebuild it as it was or make those end plates larger? Thanks for any ideas
http://www.skidsteerforum.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=52&gallerypage=0&path=tooth bar

OP
OP
J

jerry

I know the picture should not be like that , I haven't figured out what is wrong yet. I read Eric's tutorial on this.

sterlclan

I know the picture should not be like that , I haven't figured out what is wrong yet. I read Eric's tutorial on this.
don't know if its a weak design or not but it looks like a few bolts down through both cutting edges would stiffen it nicely.....Jeff

OP
OP
J

jerry

don't know if its a weak design or not but it looks like a few bolts down through both cutting edges would stiffen it nicely.....Jeff
I got the tooth bar reworked to fit my 60 inch bucket and went out in the woods. What a difference it makes for ripping up brush small trees and just dirt. I will put a few bolts down thru the cutting edge to give it a little more strength though. I can see why a person would want a seperate bucket with teeth, if there is anything crooked at all with the cutting edge it can take some effort to put the bar on. For now I am just glad to have teeth.

Latest posts