TL12 hydraulic oil

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

zacfrd

I'm very confused with what I have read on what oils to use. My manual calls for API 10w30 for hydraulics. I'm in Wisconsin where it gets very cold and hot. I have read then modern oils may cause problems. I have read the some are using universal tractor fluids. Can anyone clear this up for me? I have a 2013 TL12

foton

being a 2013 oils really have not changed much since then ,so what the book calls for is what should be used, these machines are tested in various temps. when designing and setting up fluids by the manfs. , it is not like machines that were sold in the 70 and 80ies or even the 90ies that need the extra zinc additive. If you want you could go synthetic but leaks might occour.

mrbb

I also agree , just use what it calls for, if using machine in very cold temps, just allow to warm up longer before starting to use it

there are tons of OLD machines still running fine 30+ yrs old that ran on 10w30 in cold climates, the key IMO is, just letting things warm up before you work them hard!

foton

I do not know if your has this feature but my 2017 wacker-neuson sw-20 will not let you have full hydro power until a hydro. temp. heat sensor goes to 100 percent it will hold back at 64 percent if to cold,It only takes 5 min. to go to full power. so maybe yours has something like that ,it is new enough to have it. but I do not know.