Titan Grapple

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Does anyone have experience with a Titan Attachments Grapple Rake? I have a new JCB Teleskid coming in a few weeks, and I need a grapple. This is the one I'm looking at:

GRAPPLE.jpg

Thank you for your time!!
Chris

Last edited:
OP
OP
christopher9123
There is only one rating, so I don't put a lot of stock in it. I am hoping to find someone who owns one. I do appreciate you chiming in though. You're the first and only reply I have had since signing up :)

Last edited:

SkidRoe

I saw 6 ratings on the 84" model - FWIW

I assume that you are looking at a different width?

The only manufacturer that I have direct experience with is HLA - their stuff is top notch

ddbackhoe

My experience with Titan has been repairing stuff for others. The fit and finish on the things I have repaired is less than top notch. The pivot points are not bushed and seem to wear quickly. I definitely would not pick their brand for any type of demo work or even any root raking task. I imagine price is the driving desire behind the purchase, which is OK. If you have time and equipment to repair your own, go for it. Otherwise, I'd look for something with better build quality. Virnig, McLaren, Blue Diamond and WRLong seem pretty decent. Everything Attachments (Big wait times, pay upfront - uggh) seems pretty good too but…….

OP
OP
christopher9123
I assume there is maintenance to any attachment, right? The Titan is about $2500 or so if I subtract the fork (which I actually need). So far, the next closest grapple that I have seen is $4750. I could buy two Titans for that. I have the money and quality is important, but I have a really hard time with that one.

Having said that, I am posting to get perspective from all of you. If I need to spend $5K on a grapple, I will. I just need to be convinced. I appreciate everyone humoring me.

Chris

SkidRoe

Like anything, maintenance and proper usage will govern the longevity of any attachment. Some will absorb abuse more than others, but all benefit from maintenance. I typically grease mine before every use, and none of mine have bushes. I have never had an issue.

foton

that stuff is built on a price point and is light weight , I borrowed and am using a titan skid steer backhoe attachment it has been maintained well enough (greased) and has less than 300 hours on it for sure but has gotten quite lose , titan is fine if you are not going to use it much or run it at the upper limits. Now I do own a titan set of pallet forks because of the receiver hitch that is included on it and it is just fine for what I use it for.

Wayne440

I can see the point in buying lower priced attachments. I do not want to pay more for the attachment than I did for the used machine itself.
And since my 742 is only rated for 1300 pounds- a heavy 4 way bucket or grapple would make it close to useless for lifting.

OP
OP
christopher9123
that stuff is built on a price point and is light weight , I borrowed and am using a titan skid steer backhoe attachment it has been maintained well enough (greased) and has less than 300 hours on it for sure but has gotten quite lose , titan is fine if you are not going to use it much or run it at the upper limits. Now I do own a titan set of pallet forks because of the receiver hitch that is included on it and it is just fine for what I use it for.
The rake is 855 lbs for the 72in pictured. I can't determine the type of steel, etc., but it weighs more than one I am looking for for $5K.

ddbackhoe

I assume there is maintenance to any attachment, right? The Titan is about $2500 or so if I subtract the fork (which I actually need). So far, the next closest grapple that I have seen is $4750. I could buy two Titans for that. I have the money and quality is important, but I have a really hard time with that one.

Having said that, I am posting to get perspective from all of you. If I need to spend $5K on a grapple, I will. I just need to be convinced. I appreciate everyone humoring me.

Chris
Maintenance is changing fluids, greasing and fueling type tasks. Repairing is mending or replacing things that have been damaged / dont work. Your money, your choice. I would go check and see what some others in my area are using, get their opinions on the goods and bads. Bucket shape, which is better for the tasks you normally expect to use it for. Opening width, closing force, cylinder type, pressure rating, rod diameter and stroke. What size hoses and fittings? 1/4" 2 wire hose and a skidsteer with 18.6 or 24 gpm might not be a good match.

iah

I used a borrowed one last summer for several weeks and it is what I would purchase, based upon price/value, if I needed to get one for myself.

JTWAT

I have one like the Titan and it sits in the weeds. That type of grapple will twist when you grab a uneven load. The hydraulic cylinders tore out of the frame on both sides. I now have one from Skidsteerattachments.com. It has separate grapples and is build really well. I break up concrete slabs with it as well as land clearing.

GVix

I bought a Titan grapple when I got my CTL about a year ago, and while I just use it for my own personal property maintenance, I have been very pleased. It arrived promptly and well packaged, and I thought the price was reasonable. So far, no problems whatsoever. It's been an extremely useful tool to have and I have no regrets. Your mileage may vary...

Last edited:

Latest posts