Tilting the cab on my caterpillar skidsteer

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

sdwatt

Hi all, I am a skidsteer newb , still. But I have been getting familiar with my 226b. One silly question that I was hoping to get some response to is how do you tilt the cab on my rig? I would like to see what I can gain access to under there especially if there are components that need frequent servicing. I am still seeking out an operators manual and service manual as I sure that this is covered but until then any advice?? cheers, Sean

glenbell

Stand in the bucket, stick your head in the cab, lean forward, lean forward more, you're looking "up under the dash" area above your normal foot position. In the two corners up under there is a bolt on each side...15/16" if I remember correctly. There will be a couple big washers and a rubber washer as well.... undo those 2 bolts with a socket and lift 'er up.

Glen

OP
OP
S

sdwatt

Stand in the bucket, stick your head in the cab, lean forward, lean forward more, you're looking "up under the dash" area above your normal foot position. In the two corners up under there is a bolt on each side...15/16" if I remember correctly. There will be a couple big washers and a rubber washer as well.... undo those 2 bolts with a socket and lift 'er up.

Glen
Thank you very much!

glenbell

Thank you very much!
No problem, did you find them under there and get the cab up ok? I seem to remember now the last time I lifted mine there was a catch arm thingamajig on the left side (from seat position) of the loader arm that had to be moved a bit....I think - been awhile.
Glen

Latest posts