Tilt cylinder

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

qtband

I need to replace the tilt cylinder on my 742. The one on there is not correct. The number is 6539810. I don't want to spend big bucks on a dealer part so I'm looking for specs on the cylinder. Stroke, bore size and anything else that would help. I'm looking at this one https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hydraulic-Cylinder-For-Loader-Welded-Double-Acting-2-Bore-22-75-Stroke-2x22-75/231664965961?redirect=mobile

Tazza

Staff member
What's he issue with your current one?
Wondering if you can modify your current one to work.

OP
OP
qtband

qtband

What's he issue with your current one?
Wondering if you can modify your current one to work.
The one on the 742 is not correct. It operates, but I don't think it tilts downward enough. I have to shake the bucket to empty the contents.

Tazza

Staff member
The one on the 742 is not correct. It operates, but I don't think it tilts downward enough. I have to shake the bucket to empty the contents.
To know for sure, tilt all the way forward, there should be a welded stop in the lift arm that should make contact on the bobtach at full extension. It's there so you can't over extend and bend the tilt cylinder.
When fully retraced, does the boss welded to the cylinder come very close to the gland on the end of the cylinder, say 5-10mm? It should be so close, that the weld almost touches.
I don't have a 74x series machine anymore to show pictures of what I mean, I'm just hoping there is a way around buying a new cylinder if you can modify the one you have.
If you need more extension, depending on how much, you can modify the piston and gland to give a little more extension.