tilt actuator fault 2005 t250

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

thetool

Yes. Most of the time if you get an actuator code, it is an actual bas actuator.
Soemtimes, I've found rubbed harness that throw actuator codes.

Fishfiles

You must have a JIS machine and all my electrial experiences with them have been bad , if the actuator is bad be sitting down when you call to get the price , I have changed one before from a actuator bad code and it didn't fix it , it was in the controller and took the Bobcat service guy to come out with a lap top and plug in to figure it out , what I would suggest to you , bite the bullet and get them out to scope it out , if not you might start throwing money into it buying electrical parts that don't fix it and are not refundable ------personally I hate the JIS series

OP
OP
D

dlong

You must have a JIS machine and all my electrial experiences with them have been bad , if the actuator is bad be sitting down when you call to get the price , I have changed one before from a actuator bad code and it didn't fix it , it was in the controller and took the Bobcat service guy to come out with a lap top and plug in to figure it out , what I would suggest to you , bite the bullet and get them out to scope it out , if not you might start throwing money into it buying electrical parts that don't fix it and are not refundable ------personally I hate the JIS series
What do you mean by JIS machine? I read that there is a way to switch the wires on the actuator to see if it is bad, is that correct, and if not is there a way to test it? I know that it only does it once in a while. Most of the time if i will turn the machine off and start it back up it will work fine, it may work for a work or 10 min. I really have no idea but it seems that if it were the actuator it would quit altogether. Any thoughts on that?

OP
OP
D

dlong

What do you mean by JIS machine? I read that there is a way to switch the wires on the actuator to see if it is bad, is that correct, and if not is there a way to test it? I know that it only does it once in a while. Most of the time if i will turn the machine off and start it back up it will work fine, it may work for a work or 10 min. I really have no idea but it seems that if it were the actuator it would quit altogether. Any thoughts on that?
To add to the previous post, it may run for 10 min without a problem and it may run for 2 weeks without a problem.

Shawn

To add to the previous post, it may run for 10 min without a problem and it may run for 2 weeks without a problem.
If you swap the actuator wireing and the ccode changes it is a bad actuator .. if the code stays the same its in the wireing .... also bobcat just updated the actuators and you need at least version 64 instaled in your controler for the new actuators to function