Thomas T234 HD-S Video walk around

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

kroog

I have only seen 2 other 243s. Thomas only made about 700 or so during the 3 years they were manufactured. The 243 shares many of the same components as the 245 and 2200, except the wheel base is shorter. It only has 2078 hrs. I bought it in Sept 2008 with 1775 hrs. When I got it home, I changed all fluids and filters. The tilt function was always very slow and the aux hydraulics never worked. The tandem pump dynamited on the previous owner and he replaced the pump, but didn't fix the valve after debris scored the spools. We disassembled the valve and pressed out the spools. I tried to polish the spools and hone the valve bores, but when I reassembled it, I had excessive drift. Thomas doesn't carry the valve. It's a special order and around $3800. Thomas had a used valve and new aux solenoid that I bought. I had to reseal the valve and install nylon and copper back up rings to stop a drip. Finally got it back together and not leaking, then the fuel transfer pump gave out. So I replaced it with several fuel lines. I added a light bar, front door and side cab enclosure. Here is the finished skid steer. I made a walk around video of it on you tube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3M2vuexnXI