Thomas T-133 Starting Issues

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Vquattro

Hi everyone, I have a 1996 Thomas T-133 with a Kabota engine. It runs really well for her age, except for one thing. To start the machine, I need depress the emergency start button while I'm turning the key. The manual does not recommend this practice for ongoing start ups, but the engine is dead unless it do this. Can anyone suggest, what the problem is and how I can fix it. Thank you.

ghs57

A prior owner of my machine removed the emergency start button. So whatever it does can be bypassed. My machine cranks and starts fine without it. Check the wiring schematic. That may be some help.

Jyuma1

I've owned a Thomas T133 skid steer for 30+ years and I've always had to hold the emergency start button while turning the key. It's never worked any other way and I've never had a problem.

I think the entire issue is about safety. They don't want you starting the engine when the hydraulics might be engaged, so the manual says only use the emergency start button if the engine stalls while in operation.

It's all a bit too mother hen for me. 30+ years of starting with the emergency button and never once did it cause a problem. Just make sure all the controls are in the neutral position and crank away.

solakian

On my T133, the emergency switch bypasses the arm-bar switch allowing you to start with the arm-bar down.

Jackjagg

Hi may have misunderstood from drawing key only needs to turn terminal 30 this initiates starter. But if terminal 30 not working then as shown blue marker terminal 50 with emergency start pushed will also initiate starter hope this helps also this is my t233 drawing
1587B69D-14BE-4581-BCD5-4012658CF08A.png

tstonet1

On my T133, the emergency switch bypasses the arm-bar switch allowing you to start with the arm-bar down.
Good morning I have a 773 Bob cat the coil on the fuel switch on motor. Pulls in to cut fuel on spring load pushes out when key is turned off. The voltage on one wire comes hot when key turned on it has 13 Volt's the pull in wire then relay let's less voltage wire holds it in. So now it pulls in but don't hold any ideas