Thomas 205 parking brake/safety switch

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Ticostree

Thomas 205 parking brake/safety switch broke this morning. Doses anyone know where I can get one? I could try to spot weld it, but I'm afraid I'll totally breake it.

OP
OP
T

Ticostree

As an update. I spot welded the metal spring back on. I melted part of it but I think I have enough to hold it together for some time. I didn't see a part number on it. Which sucks.

Tazza

Staff member
As an update. I spot welded the metal spring back on. I melted part of it but I think I have enough to hold it together for some time. I didn't see a part number on it. Which sucks.
Glad you got it running, getting a new one may be a little hard. Do you think you can make/modify an off the shelf switch to make it work?

Thomas1

Glad you got it running, getting a new one may be a little hard. Do you think you can make/modify an off the shelf switch to make it work?
If this is the dual switch that runs off the restraint bar Thomas keeps them in stock, pn- 042950SP

Kitt50

If this is the dual switch that runs off the restraint bar Thomas keeps them in stock, pn- 042950SP
Installed the new safety switch. 042950sp Can raise and lower bucket seems fine. But there is something the wheel brake seems still locked. grinding noise. Anyway to get around it. Could it be the seat switch?? the park light is still on the control panel. model Thomas 1300.

Thomas1

Installed the new safety switch. 042950sp Can raise and lower bucket seems fine. But there is something the wheel brake seems still locked. grinding noise. Anyway to get around it. Could it be the seat switch?? the park light is still on the control panel. model Thomas 1300.
THE 042950 SWITCH ALSO UNLOCKS YOUR BRAKE SYSTEM. YOU MAY WANT TO CHECK THE BRAKE VALVE IT SELF...IT SHOULD BE LOCATED ON THE RIGHT SIDE BEHIND YOUR LEG. IT HAS A COIL WITH 2 WIRES, CHECK FOR POWER THERE.

Kitt50

I did look for the coil switch by my right leg. There was a square plate bolted to the near the seat plate bolted down. opened up look down it looked like a vent for oil or hydro oil. Maybe the plate that has the handle of the tight drive? Still and tried again bucket works up down nd tilts. Park light is still on. What could be my next move. I don't know how the break switch works could I have damaged it by moving it 20 feet. I should be able to jumper it out. All fuses seem all good.

zbesthardwood

I did look for the coil switch by my right leg. There was a square plate bolted to the near the seat plate bolted down. opened up look down it looked like a vent for oil or hydro oil. Maybe the plate that has the handle of the tight drive? Still and tried again bucket works up down nd tilts. Park light is still on. What could be my next move. I don't know how the break switch works could I have damaged it by moving it 20 feet. I should be able to jumper it out. All fuses seem all good.
did you figure this out ? heaving same issue , did find the solenoid ,

Latest posts