This Site Jams all the Paragraphs Together!

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

N4HMRHAM

Why does this site jam all the separate paragraphs together into one horrible mass of words? Is there any way I can stop that? It will be DANG hard to read!!! Fred

flyerdan

You need to add all of the html code by hand, including line feeds to get any formatting of any kind.

OP
OP
N

N4HMRHAM

You need to add all of the html code by hand, including line feeds to get any formatting of any kind.
How do I do that? I don't understand why the site threw away all my line feeds that were certainly there in my text structure prior to posting! Separated paragraphs and all!

reaperman

How do I do that? I don't understand why the site threw away all my line feeds that were certainly there in my text structure prior to posting! Separated paragraphs and all!
If you dont know what he is talking about you will never be able to HTML. Not a put down, this board is in desperate need of a update, its a dinosaur. However, dont feel bad about jamming all of your words together, everyone here does, its expected. Most guys who come to this forum arent the IT guys that sit in front of computers day in and out. We get dirty for a living and can barley spell.

flyerdan

If you dont know what he is talking about you will never be able to HTML. Not a put down, this board is in desperate need of a update, its a dinosaur. However, dont feel bad about jamming all of your words together, everyone here does, its expected. Most guys who come to this forum arent the IT guys that sit in front of computers day in and out. We get dirty for a living and can barley spell.
Here's a pic that illustrates a relatively simple way to get just paragraphs and line feeds for readability.

text

Taking a screenshot was the easiest way to show, as the forum tries to execute all the examples, which doesn't do any good for explaining.
You only need the html code once at the beginning, and you can type your post as you would and type the br linefeed code once, then copy/paste it wherever you want a break, saves some typing that way.
Use the preview; if anything is borked, go back and fix it before hitting post.

Latest posts