The perfect truck.........

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

perry

I'm planning on building the perfect truck (for me), starting with a 1969 F-350 351W 5-speed. I can work on and rebuild everything on this model, a diesel is tempting but I have no problem pulling a 24 ft. trailer w/bobcat and attachment plus, another attachment either on the trailer or on the truck.
I plan on a hyd. dump bed and removable wood sides to give a little flexibility.
You guys have any suggestion beyond what I have in mind?.

Idoitall

Depending on your local requirements, you may need one of those roll-out screen covers if hauling mulch or other loose materials. Here they stop trucks all the time that don't have one covering the material.

And add a few of those 4" strap winches on each side. These may not qualify to tie down a machine, but they work well for lots of other stuff. A nice big winch on the front could be very useful. Look for one off a similar power or utility truck.

OP
OP
P

perry

Depending on your local requirements, you may need one of those roll-out screen covers if hauling mulch or other loose materials. Here they stop trucks all the time that don't have one covering the material.

And add a few of those 4" strap winches on each side. These may not qualify to tie down a machine, but they work well for lots of other stuff. A nice big winch on the front could be very useful. Look for one off a similar power or utility truck.
Idoitall, Funny you mentioned that, I was about to look for that net screen stuff on ebay. The kind you see when landscapers are hauling large trees, I believe it's some kind of net material, not sure?. I got hooked up with a tree wholesaler offering good prices, hope that additional service pays off?.