Test

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Eric

gethomepagegraphic.do

OP
OP
Eric

Eric

Test failed. I tried to see if I could to post an actual image through the forum.

Tigerotor77W

Test failed. I tried to see if I could to post an actual image through the forum.
No, when you want to post an image, you need to use an image host (such as imageshack), and use THAT URL. You can't just link to a Bobcat image to insert here.

OP
OP
Eric

Eric

No, when you want to post an image, you need to use an image host (such as imageshack), and use THAT URL. You can't just link to a Bobcat image to insert here.
On other chat forums thats the way it works. It pulls the stored image from somewhere else on the internet and pops it up in the text box. Makes it easy for folks to see what your yappin about. Oh well.

owensge

On other chat forums thats the way it works. It pulls the stored image from somewhere else on the internet and pops it up in the text box. Makes it easy for folks to see what your yappin about. Oh well.
gethomepagegraphic.do

Until I can make some modifications, you'll need to:
Update your profile in the forum and enable Free Text Editing.
Find the picture you want to insert and copy it (Right-Click / Copy)
Add a post and paste the picture into the editor.

Tigerotor77W

Until I can make some modifications, you'll need to:
Update your profile in the forum and enable Free Text Editing.
Find the picture you want to insert and copy it (Right-Click / Copy)
Add a post and paste the picture into the editor.
Testing here... no need to reply. Sorry to hijack the testing thread. :)

owensge

I'm still not having any luck with posting pictures in the thread.
Using Internet Explorer, I copied an image (right-click, Copy) and then pasted into the Free Text Editor (I changed my default editor in the Profile menu).
image.asp

owensge

Using Internet Explorer, I copied an image (right-click, Copy) and then pasted into the Free Text Editor (I changed my default editor in the Profile menu).
Looks like the VillagePhotos site is blocking our ability to access their photos remotely....
I got this from google:
tractor%20exhibit%20sign2.jpg

You might try adding the pictures in our Media/Photos section and then linking to them from here.

RS Coyote

Looks like the VillagePhotos site is blocking our ability to access their photos remotely....
I got this from google:

You might try adding the pictures in our Media/Photos section and then linking to them from here.
OK. But my picture in the Media folder is working.... ??

OP
OP
Eric

Eric

Got this from the Media / Photos / RS Coyotes folder at
http://www.bobcatforum.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=52&gallerypage=1&currentitem=0&path=RS%20Coyotes

You can add any photos you like to the Photos section. Let me know if you have any problems adding them.
IM000920.JPG

test???????????????

OP
OP
Eric

Eric

test???????????????
The "Free Text Editor" is like a WYSIWYG (how to pronounce this "wizy wig"). WYSIWYG stands for "What You See Is What You Get". So what you type in and photos you paste in when using the "Free Text Editor" is what you will see when you post it. This makes it very simple for folks that don't understand HTML and HTML tags. I hope my explanation provides some clarification for others.

OP
OP
Eric

Eric

The "Free Text Editor" is like a WYSIWYG (how to pronounce this "wizy wig"). WYSIWYG stands for "What You See Is What You Get". So what you type in and photos you paste in when using the "Free Text Editor" is what you will see when you post it. This makes it very simple for folks that don't understand HTML and HTML tags. I hope my explanation provides some clarification for others.
OK, one more thing to add. In order to add an image to your post, you must copy and paste an image through your internet browser from a website. If you need to upload an image to the internet first so that you can copy and paste it here. Just upload your image here or at www.tinypic.com or www.photobucket.com . All of these options are free.

owensge

OK, one more thing to add. In order to add an image to your post, you must copy and paste an image through your internet browser from a website. If you need to upload an image to the internet first so that you can copy and paste it here. Just upload your image here or at www.tinypic.com or www.photobucket.com . All of these options are free.
To copy a picture locally from your hard drive you need to right-click on the photo and do an "open with" internet explorer. Then you can copy that picture and paste it into your post.
Sorry for the maze, but I'm still working on new version of the forum which will make pasting photos much easier.

500K_773

To copy a picture locally from your hard drive you need to right-click on the photo and do an "open with" internet explorer. Then you can copy that picture and paste it into your post.
Sorry for the maze, but I'm still working on new version of the forum which will make pasting photos much easier.
brad19.jpg[img] Just testing, Free Text Editor doesn't work with Internet Explorer on a Mac.