TEREX PT100G loss of communication between Display and Main Controller

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

martinoamy

Any one 'suffer' from this?

I have checked the 120 ohm terminators on ends of each Can bus.

I have Can bus 0 and Can bus 1. Each have 2 terminators. Found the ones near the controllers to both be bad.

The way you tell on CB 0 is ohm between 3&4 pin at display should be 60 ohm.
120 ohms means one terminator bad. 0 ohm both bad.

Thought I would have it fixed with new terminators. Ohms are 60 at display but still have 'Loss of Communication between Display and Main Controller'.

I have not taken controllers out and check connections there. Will do today.

Any ideas?

OP
OP
M

martinoamy

Have removed both output controller and main controller and checked ohms at end of can buses on pins 3&4 and 20&21 both at 60 ohms.

Checked volts at each pin and they are good 2.5 on the red wires (high) and 2.4 on the black (low). Which is right.

Noticed no voltage on pins 2,47,48,49, or 50. Thought those would show battery voltage.

Anybody out there been done this path?

OP
OP
M

martinoamy

Resolve my problem.

The main controller gets its power from the ECU Bus Relay located near the fuse panel. Since I had no voltage at pins 2,47,48,49 aor 50 the ASV factory technician suggested I check the output from the relay. What I did is switch the Lights relay with the ECU relay and lo and behold my communication issue was resolved.

One more thing figured out.

GSCI162013

Resolve my problem.

The main controller gets its power from the ECU Bus Relay located near the fuse panel. Since I had no voltage at pins 2,47,48,49 aor 50 the ASV factory technician suggested I check the output from the relay. What I did is switch the Lights relay with the ECU relay and lo and behold my communication issue was resolved.

One more thing figured out.
Hello! I'm having the same issue with my PT-100 G. Could you please send me a picture of the Bus Relay? I am having trouble locating it. Thank you.