Takeuchi tl 230 series 2 / crank - no start

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

DV

Hi, David here, new to skid steer ownership. While scooping a load the engine stalled. Went through normal startup procedure after stall but only cranks and does not fire up .. Any ideas? Thanks

SkidRoe

Hi and welcome to the forum.
Is the engine getting fuel? Did it just quit or did it start to miss, lose power, etc. before it quit?
Cheers - SR

OP
OP
D

DV

Hi and welcome to the forum.
Is the engine getting fuel? Did it just quit or did it start to miss, lose power, etc. before it quit?
Cheers - SR
SR, Thanks for your time & reply. The machine is running again. Was not sure about engine getting fuel either but it was running normal during the 30minutes of use, it just quit. I think the throttle was not at sufficient rpm to tackle the weight of the scoop and stalled the machine. I have a habit of operating it at lower rpm's. I tried cranking it for a few times more (less than 10sec at a time) without any luck and before lifting the cab to inspect fuel flow, I decided to flip the emergency cut off switch next to the seat a few times and it started up after a few flips. Thanks again for your time. I am sure I will be back with questions and hopefully eventually with some answers as well.

SkidRoe

SR, Thanks for your time & reply. The machine is running again. Was not sure about engine getting fuel either but it was running normal during the 30minutes of use, it just quit. I think the throttle was not at sufficient rpm to tackle the weight of the scoop and stalled the machine. I have a habit of operating it at lower rpm's. I tried cranking it for a few times more (less than 10sec at a time) without any luck and before lifting the cab to inspect fuel flow, I decided to flip the emergency cut off switch next to the seat a few times and it started up after a few flips. Thanks again for your time. I am sure I will be back with questions and hopefully eventually with some answers as well.
Glad to hear you got it running again. I remember when I was new to skidsteers, I too used to only run at part throttle (that was an old clutch-type machine).
It wasn't long before I learned the virtues of running them wide open. Have never looked back!!
Cheers - SR