T650 error code E000157-22

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

AllTechFuel

Need help on this problem. Here is history. Had a tank of bad fuel. Emptied the tank and fresh fuel put back. Changed injectors, they were report bad. Changed filters several times, check compression (all around 400psi) still getting this code and loss of power. i am stumped. The injector shop said I did not need to program the injectors since they are new. Machine starts OK, but this code keeps coming up. Blowing a little black smoke. I have been down on this machine for several months. Took it to the dealer I bought it from, he wanted $15,000 to fix everything, and I mean everything on the machine, stupid. We had them clean the tank and that was over $650, they said you had to remove motor, which they did not do. HELP

Tazza

Staff member
They quoted for a remove of the tank and clean but didn't yet charged you for it? that's not nice at all.
That error, according to the googles says it could be the injector pump not being purged of bad fuel. I wonder if the computer is seeing that it had bad fuel at one point and just hasn't cleaerd the error, like the check engine light on a car, you need a tool to clear the code or it runs in "limp" mode?
A little black smoke is ok, a lot is not. Coudl the rurbo (if fitted) be an issue too?
Never had to mess with a new fancy common rail motor, thankfully mine have all been the old tried and tru smelly old diesels that pollute more, but dead simple to repair.

hammerman

Hi, just seen this post, it could well be imv on main fuel pump, i stumbled across this while sorting out a problem on my S850. i changed this unitand got this code up. fitted original back, code went. hope this may help.

TheVille9

Hi, just seen this post, it could well be imv on main fuel pump, i stumbled across this while sorting out a problem on my S850. i changed this unitand got this code up. fitted original back, code went. hope this may help.
Definitely could be an issue with the IMV on the high pressure pump. Technically these injectors should be coded into the ECU if they are replaced. Pump could be worn out. Purging the air out of these fuel systems is difficult. Probably the reason they wanted so much money for the repair is simply do to common rail fuel systems. Your filter feeds the high pressure pump, then the rail, and then the injectors. Your pump or rail could have had some trash in it and it made it to your injectors when it was started after replacing them. It is also possible to still have a set of bad injectors. If it is smoking then one of the injectors could be leaking or spraying too much fuel. There shouldn't be hardly any black smoke coming out of the exhaust. These machines burn extremely clean these days.