T590 Leaking fuel hose cooler to tank?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

t590

anyone know where the tank penetration is (66 in dwg) or best way to get to? It appears it may be under the engine not sure. TIA

Attachments

• IMG_3907.JPG
    IMG_3907.JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 101

brdgbldr

I would trace the fuel heat exchanger hose "B" down to the connection at the fuel tank.

There is a chance it is under the engine, but it may be between the engine and the pump.

Try accessing it through the covers behind the lift arm cylinders. Looks like it will be closest to the left side, but you may be able see it from the right side. You'll need a very good light source and you may need to clean out the area first.

I have never worked on a T590 but have worked on machines fuel tank fittings and have always accessed them through these covers. The problem comes after you find the connection you need to work on, you normally are all the way up to you shoulder in the access and have to do the work by feel. It helps if someone can guid you from the other access as you are working.

OP
OP
T

t590

I did too bad that's not the issue, easy fix. I'm wondering if the alt or ac compressor removal might allow for more hand/arm room. I'll look at the access covers a little harder it didn't appear those were gonna work. Thanks

brdgbldr

I did too bad that's not the issue, easy fix. I'm wondering if the alt or ac compressor removal might allow for more hand/arm room. I'll look at the access covers a little harder it didn't appear those were gonna work. Thanks
You really need a good bright light and maybe an inspection mirror. I use a shop light and put it in the compartment between the engine and hydraulic pump. Just a little shadow can hide things.

I thought there was no way to get to my fuel gage sending unit since the manual said you had to remove the engine and pump to get to it. But I was able to just barely reach it through the access. It took quite a bit of looking and angling my head around to be able to see it. An inspection mirror with a super bright flashlight works well.

gotowin

I have a T190 and the hose you reference appears to be identical. Mine was also leaking. The hose was not seated into the tank opening. With the cab raised I managed to reseat the end of the hose with a long screwdriver. It was located close to the engine and under the hydraulics. That was 2 years ago with no problems since.

OP
OP
T

t590

What I found out is, this is a return line which is accessed by removing the engine fan and then snuggle in/down to the tank. I don't have time to do that so I short cutted it. Thanks again, for the replies.

Attachments

• IMG_3907.JPG
    IMG_3907.JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_3925.JPG
    IMG_3925.JPG
    151.9 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_3911.JPG
    IMG_3911.JPG
    122.8 KB · Views: 66