T550 EGR Cleaning Question

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

sponsored1

I have a T550 with the Doosan d24nap engine. It recently threw a code for the EGR valve. We started taking it apart and it seems like it's almost impossible to get the whole EGR assembly off since it's on the back of the engine. There are 3 bolts surrounding the EGR solenoid itself. It would seem like the valve might pop out if you remove those, but it didn't want to budge and I didn't want to force it too much. Does anyone know if the valve should just come out with those 3 bolts? Or does anyone have any other advice as far as cleaning the valve? On a side note, this machine only has 400 hours on it.

Bswwood

Yep, the EGR simply will not just pop off. You need to take the whole system off, there's a metal plate behind the fan if you removed that you should have more access. Can you give me the specific code? Very odd for a 400 hour d24 to have EGR issues.

OP
OP
S

sponsored1

Yep, the EGR simply will not just pop off. You need to take the whole system off, there's a metal plate behind the fan if you removed that you should have more access. Can you give me the specific code? Very odd for a 400 hour d24 to have EGR issues.
The code is: E00279108 It will run fine for a little but until the code pops up and it goes into reduced engine power mode.

Bswwood

The code is: E00279108 It will run fine for a little but until the code pops up and it goes into reduced engine power mode.
From the manual: If the position difference between demanded EGR position and feedback EGR position is within the threshold over 10seconds, fault code is healed. Check connection of the connection between ECU and EGR valve. Wire harness is damaged? Check that the supply voltage is correct Check that the valve position can reach MIN to MAX position (0% to 100%) If applicable, launch a learning of EGR position Run the engine with high RPM and load. Fault code is not occurred or cleared? Will need bobcat engine analyzer to do the test. I would check all electrical connections and wiring first.