t300 fuel system issues

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

superdutyfan

now that its getting cold out fuel system problems. I dont seem to be getting fuel from the tank to the hand primer pump. if i blow back to the tank should it be free flow back to the tank or is ther a check valve or pump in the tank ?

farmshop

Check valve on the pick up tube. How cold is cold?i usually pour hot water on the primer to make it easier to pump. I would replace the line and pickup tube it's not to expensive you can also try to put a hose in a jug of fuel and try running it to rule out other problems

OP
OP
S

superdutyfan

Check valve on the pick up tube. How cold is cold?i usually pour hot water on the primer to make it easier to pump. I would replace the line and pickup tube it's not to expensive you can also try to put a hose in a jug of fuel and try running it to rule out other problems
It is -18 C (-0.4 F). I will try the Jerry can today the cab is frozen down to I can not lift it up.

farmshop

It is -18 C (-0.4 F). I will try the Jerry can today the cab is frozen down to I can not lift it up.
At that temp you could have some gelled fuel in the tank. I have had bio diesel separate out and plug the pickup screen. Red power service and some #1 fuel. White bottle power service won't reliquify gelled fuel.

OP
OP
S

superdutyfan

At that temp you could have some gelled fuel in the tank. I have had bio diesel separate out and plug the pickup screen. Red power service and some #1 fuel. White bottle power service won't reliquify gelled fuel.
So I was able to get it running using a Jerry Can of diesel fuel from the hand pump to the engine all seems good. I got the bobcat into the heated barn and will change out the pick up tube tomorrow any suggestions in doing this job ?

farmshop

So I was able to get it running using a Jerry Can of diesel fuel from the hand pump to the engine all seems good. I got the bobcat into the heated barn and will change out the pick up tube tomorrow any suggestions in doing this job ?
Assortment of pry bars and screwdrivers to try and push the plug back in. Lube it up good. Tip up the cab and lock the lift arms up