T200 what's your opion on this machine?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

farmboy555

My brother is looking at a 2002 T200 with 1900 hrs I've only owned machine's on rim's Look's like an average machine by the pic's 3hr drive to look at it. Not spoke to the owner for history or service records. So what can you tell me? thanks Dennis

lesgawlik

I have one, and it's outstanding. The one I bought had more than twice the hours as on the machine you're looking at. Since I purchased mine, I've read a lot. Here are some pointers. Look at the oil in the sprocket hubs. If it is iridescent, the drive motors are going bad. Those things are very expensive. Look at the sprockets themselves. How worn are they? Tracks aren't too hard to replace on those machines, but they can be pricey. Check the case drain filters for "Gold Rush" -- brass particles. The lift pump on the side of the engine has a gasket which, when it fails, allows engine oil to get sucked into the fuel system causing a runaway condition and total destruction of the engine (unless caught quickly and the engine is choked). The Deutz is an interference engine, and the timing belt must be replaced periodically. A bad timing belt can cause trouble starting and poor operation. I've used mine in sloppy mud and very steep terrain. It has been the perfect machine for me. The only thing I would change is that I wish mine had the high flow option. They all have the buttons that say high flow and bucket leveling, but most of them don't have the actual option.

Bobcatdan

I have one, and it's outstanding. The one I bought had more than twice the hours as on the machine you're looking at. Since I purchased mine, I've read a lot. Here are some pointers. Look at the oil in the sprocket hubs. If it is iridescent, the drive motors are going bad. Those things are very expensive. Look at the sprockets themselves. How worn are they? Tracks aren't too hard to replace on those machines, but they can be pricey. Check the case drain filters for "Gold Rush" -- brass particles. The lift pump on the side of the engine has a gasket which, when it fails, allows engine oil to get sucked into the fuel system causing a runaway condition and total destruction of the engine (unless caught quickly and the engine is choked). The Deutz is an interference engine, and the timing belt must be replaced periodically. A bad timing belt can cause trouble starting and poor operation. I've used mine in sloppy mud and very steep terrain. It has been the perfect machine for me. The only thing I would change is that I wish mine had the high flow option. They all have the buttons that say high flow and bucket leveling, but most of them don't have the actual option.
Guys who own T200 love the things. Bobcat mechanics hate them. Great pushing power, pain in the ass to work on.

siduramaxde

Guys who own T200 love the things. Bobcat mechanics hate them. Great pushing power, pain in the ass to work on.
Mine has been pretty good to me. I've put about 1000 of the 2400 hours on it. In that time I have installed new tracks, new timing belt, replaced bearings and seals in 1 drive motor and I have had a few electrical gremlins. Over all it's been good.

Latest posts