T200 lift spool seals

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Easthill

Hello all. I am new to the forum and i'm replacing the spool seals on 2003 T200. i couldnt slide the spool shaft out the back side of the pump as it is hitting the 2 main drive hydro lines. i removed the lines from the inside but they are just a tick to rigid to move out of the way to clear the spool. Do i need to unbolt the pump so i can cock it sideways or will I need to do something else? Thanks in advance to the wonderful helpful people that share their knowledge and experience for all to learn from. Without you I wouldnt think of trying this on my own. Brian

bbobcat475

don't unbolt pump. the drive hoses are tough but usually with a pry bar and sometimes an extra set of hands will usually gain you enough room to slide spool out.

OP
OP
E

Easthill

don't unbolt pump. the drive hoses are tough but usually with a pry bar and sometimes an extra set of hands will usually gain you enough room to slide spool out.
Ok i got it- needed a second set of hands to colaspe the main hydros just like you said. Also i had never raised the lift arms before i started making the job 3 times more difficult than it needed to be. Luckily I had a neighbor let me borrow his tractor to make it happen. Should I cover the spool shaft with saran wrap to protect the seals when i re-insert them? Thanks , Brian

bbobcat475

Ok i got it- needed a second set of hands to colaspe the main hydros just like you said. Also i had never raised the lift arms before i started making the job 3 times more difficult than it needed to be. Luckily I had a neighbor let me borrow his tractor to make it happen. Should I cover the spool shaft with saran wrap to protect the seals when i re-insert them? Thanks , Brian
All i do is put a good coat of grease on them and slide them as careful as possible and never had one knicked.

OP
OP
E

Easthill

All i do is put a good coat of grease on them and slide them as careful as possible and never had one knicked.
Thanks Bcat. I did the same thing last nite when reinstalling and it worked perfect. I am back up and running well. Now i just need to get the 5 gal of hydro fluid out of the lower pan. Is there a drain i can open ?

bbobcat475

Thanks Bcat. I did the same thing last nite when reinstalling and it worked perfect. I am back up and running well. Now i just need to get the 5 gal of hydro fluid out of the lower pan. Is there a drain i can open ?
there should be 2 drains directly under the drive hoses if you look underneath from behind.