T190 track adjustment.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Bobby the T190

The left track on our '07 T190 popped off of the drive gear and rear idler.
I got it back on OK after watching a YouTube video. It turned out to be a really simple and quick task.

My question relates to the "bleed" and "fill" fittings on the grease tube.
I bled the grease tube down by releasing the "fill" fitting, and of course grease came out in abundance" as opposed to the "bleed" fitting which I'm not sure what the result would have been. I then refilled the grease tube thru the "fill" fitting.

Did this in any way damage the system?
And/or do I need to go back and re-bleed and re-fill according to the service manual
which I have now downloaded on my phone for future reference?
Screenshot_20221207-164649.png
Screenshot_20221207-164703.png

brdgbldr

Bump... anyone, before we head back to the farm midweek?
I'm surprised no one has chimed in. I know the T190s were very popular. Sorry, I can't help since I've never worked on a tracked machine.

My opinion is that you are OK, after I read your manual pages. I do think that you were supposed to release the pressure with the bleed fitting though. I think this is a safety issue (the special bleed tool looks as though it is for safety and fits onto the bleed valve and acts as a wrench and a drain tube). The grease fitting could have failed under pressure and shot out at you like a bullet. However, it looks like the bleed fitting could do the same thing without the special tool (it has a lip on it that helps hold it in place). Also, hot grease shooting out under pressure could also be an issue.

OP
OP
Bobby the T190

Bobby the T190

I'm surprised no one has chimed in. I know the T190s were very popular. Sorry, I can't help since I've never worked on a tracked machine.

My opinion is that you are OK, after I read your manual pages. I do think that you were supposed to release the pressure with the bleed fitting though. I think this is a safety issue (the special bleed tool looks as though it is for safety and fits onto the bleed valve and acts as a wrench and a drain tube). The grease fitting could have failed under pressure and shot out at you like a bullet. However, it looks like the bleed fitting could do the same thing without the special tool (it has a lip on it that helps hold it in place). Also, hot grease shooting out under pressure could also be an issue.
Kinda sorta figured the same.
Thanks for taking the time to look and comment.

I had a socket on it when I unscrewed it, and it did pop just a bit as the grease poured out and filled the cavity. What a mess.
Think I'll see about picking up one of the tools for the onboard toolbox to guarantee it'll never happen again. LOL.