T190 service questions.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

calialx1

I have a 2001 ish T190 that I am replacing the drive belt on but I am not sure on the re-tensioning procedure, is there a guide somewhere I could use? Also, I have been using this machine for about a year and one thing that has always bothered me is that it bogs down under load, I also see smoke coming out of the exhaust when this happens. I have read that this could be do to the pick up pump? Any suggestions would help.

Fishfiles

.......the procedure for belt adjustment should be on a decal on the inside of your rear door , you adjust till the pointer is pointing at 3:00 , the pointer mechanisim breaks alot and if it doesn't move when you pry it then you have to either guess at the right tension , buy a new adjuster /tensioner right at $400 or have an old school Bobcat drive belt adjuster tool to set the tension , you don't want it too tight , if it is too loose you will hear it squeal when you put the machine under a load ---------------- a loose belt will make it bog ( loose power ) , if it is not a fuel problem then it could be the turbo or a compression problem

OP
OP
C

calialx1

.......the procedure for belt adjustment should be on a decal on the inside of your rear door , you adjust till the pointer is pointing at 3:00 , the pointer mechanisim breaks alot and if it doesn't move when you pry it then you have to either guess at the right tension , buy a new adjuster /tensioner right at $400 or have an old school Bobcat drive belt adjuster tool to set the tension , you don't want it too tight , if it is too loose you will hear it squeal when you put the machine under a load ---------------- a loose belt will make it bog ( loose power ) , if it is not a fuel problem then it could be the turbo or a compression problem
Ok i have a new belt on there and as you guessed, the pointer was broken so I just set the tension to how it felt on my 863. So far it feels a little better but I will know for sure after a full day of use tomorrow.

Tazza

Staff member
Ok i have a new belt on there and as you guessed, the pointer was broken so I just set the tension to how it felt on my 863. So far it feels a little better but I will know for sure after a full day of use tomorrow.
Just check its tension in a few days as it will stretch a little.