T190 New Owner Problem

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

tnfarm

I just bought a used T190 with 1080 hours. Used it approximately 20 hours and it was working fine when shut down at the end of the day. The next evening when i cranked it up within 20 seconds a continuous alarm sounded and a light noted overheat coolant but no code. I came back the next morning cranked the engine, no coolant code, alarm or light but within 30 seconds the hydraulic alarm sounded with a light and three repeated beeps. Talked with the dealer and they seemed to think the computer needed re-programed. Any thoughts or ideas, i usually do my own maintenance but this is very unusual. I have in the past disconnected the battery on my car to reset the computer, do you think this would work on the Bobcat? Thanks Tnfarm

wvtrees

As previous post replied, check any wires/plugs leading to the temp sensor, oil sensor etc... I had problems with wires rubbed thru after years of use. Usually when wires are run over hard lines. Look for the obvious but expect hidden or broken wires within the harness. Good luck.

OP
OP
T

tnfarm

As previous post replied, check any wires/plugs leading to the temp sensor, oil sensor etc... I had problems with wires rubbed thru after years of use. Usually when wires are run over hard lines. Look for the obvious but expect hidden or broken wires within the harness. Good luck.
Oldmachinist & wvtrees Where do i send the check!!!!!!!! Thanks for your help, i disconnected and cleaned the negative leads on the battery, started it up, no lights, no alarms. Saved me a trip to the dealer and many $$$$$$$. Thanks Again Tnfarm

OldMachinist

Oldmachinist & wvtrees Where do i send the check!!!!!!!! Thanks for your help, i disconnected and cleaned the negative leads on the battery, started it up, no lights, no alarms. Saved me a trip to the dealer and many $$$$$$$. Thanks Again Tnfarm
Glad I was able to help.
On the home page of this forum there's spot to make a donation to help Geoffrey with the programming and web hosting costs of SkidSteer Forum so we can all continue to enjoy.