T190 light smoke out the exhaust

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

joewrench

So I've got a t190 with a fresh rebuild motor
New pistons,rings,bearings, and cylinder sleeve the rebuild was done by a very reputable diesel shop. So before the rebuild it was smoking out really bad out the exhaust and oil fill cap do to blow by so it was time to rebuild it. So now the tracktors been running for about a week now and it develops a light grey haze at idle and at high rpm's. I'm just thinking if I should try to adjust the fuel screws on the injection pump to see if it will help with the smoke. New parts: fuel filter, drained fuel, put new fuel with injector cleaner. Air filters. There no sign for oil residue in turbo. Has plenty of power

Tazza

Staff member
Pump timing shouldn't have been altered by the shop, unless they needed to skim the block, but they should have added shims afterwards if the did.

Normally you won't get smoke like that from timing issues, you'd generally hear a top end rattle if the timing is advanced too far from not replacing the correct number of shims.

It's not something as simple as oil from before the rebuild being slowly burnt out of the muffler?