T190 ‘input’ code

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

immaparko93

Alrighty… I've just scored a bobcat T190. 5,500hrs. Only problem is I've only had it running after a jump start for about 2 minutes before it died. Turn the key to run and it comes up with 'input' in the left panel. Every now and then when I've been working on it it will randomly spring back to life and flash all the lights and then cut out again. The other day it was OK long enough to run for 20 seconds before cutting out again. Ive got a service manual and I've been using it to check all the wiring. I've checked all my main earths at the rear… cleaned them all for good measure. I've got continuity on every wire going between the left panel, right panel and main controller. I've got 12.5V going to the 3 main power inputs to the controller. None of my relays are even clicking (according to the wiring diagram, the computer is responsible for switching the relays). I've tested the left and right panel in another machine and it worked no problems. I've got the fuse/relay bank all exposed and everything looks fine. I've got some sign of corrosion//wearing of pin 42 on the cab/engine harness… pin had narrowed a bit at the base possibly from bad connection… but I'm still getting full voltage on the other side. I tried jumping 12v directly to the other side to see if that helps but it didn't. I've got the whole wiring harness unsheathed and inspected in the cab… still no luck! Pulling my hair out. Any ideas?

Tazza

Staff member
Sadly that could be a controller issue if you have tried panels in another machine and it worked.
It sounds like the panels are not talking to the computer, i'd like to hope it is a fault on the two can bus wires, but most likely the controller.
If you can get a wiring diagram, you can test the pins from the connector on the computer back to the panels.

Latest posts