T180 New HVAC system issues

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

calypso428

Good morning crew! Could use a little help :) I have a 2011 T180 that I just did a bunch of work on and having issues with new AC setup.

All new lines, new dryer, 2nd brand new compressor, new belt. Everything specd to manufacturer recommendations. Charged system using professional AC charging/reclamation system. Compressor is getting so hot that it's melting plastic. AC will not cool. What could it be?

brdgbldr

Good morning crew! Could use a little help :) I have a 2011 T180 that I just did a bunch of work on and having issues with new AC setup.

All new lines, new dryer, 2nd brand new compressor, new belt. Everything specd to manufacturer recommendations. Charged system using professional AC charging/reclamation system. Compressor is getting so hot that it's melting plastic. AC will not cool. What could it be?
Some compressors do not come with the oil already inside. I ran into this while looking to buy a new compressor for my machine. Some had oil others did not.

OP
OP
C

calypso428

We added 120ml (per instructions) of the correct oil to the compressor before starting. We also replaced the expansion valve.

thwerench

We added 120ml (per instructions) of the correct oil to the compressor before starting. We also replaced the expansion valve.
There has to be good air flow through the condenser to cool the Freon. Make sure the condenser is clean of debris and that the fan is pulling air through it

Thermoking

Good morning, I can definitely help solve your problem I can't see well enought to type. You can contact me at 352 598 4264. Jon