T 300 drive motors

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Bear

Lookin for some feedback from owners on 06 and 07 T 300k series . Have the drive motors been holding up better than the early models? I have have been around wheel machines for years with the bobcat name, but i looking to buy a t 300 in the next couple months, a little nervous about all the horror stories on the drive motors.

siduramaxde

I do believe the newer track machines have a bigger outer carrier bearing and have been holding up well. I just rebuilt one of my carrier bearings in one of the motors in my T200 for about $400 in parts and it was not that hard to do. I would say if you are worried about it you should change the bub oil b4 you buy the machine. 90cc of thick gear oil should come out and it should be clean. If there are metal flakes in the oil you will have problems. If lots of oil comes out that means the internal seal is bad and that is trouble. If very little oil comes out it will be bad. Like I said, if 90cc of clean gear oil comes out you'll be fine. I think it supposed to be some special oil you can only get at Bobcat but I just use synthetic gear oil

Fishfiles

I do believe the newer track machines have a bigger outer carrier bearing and have been holding up well. I just rebuilt one of my carrier bearings in one of the motors in my T200 for about $400 in parts and it was not that hard to do. I would say if you are worried about it you should change the bub oil b4 you buy the machine. 90cc of thick gear oil should come out and it should be clean. If there are metal flakes in the oil you will have problems. If lots of oil comes out that means the internal seal is bad and that is trouble. If very little oil comes out it will be bad. Like I said, if 90cc of clean gear oil comes out you'll be fine. I think it supposed to be some special oil you can only get at Bobcat but I just use synthetic gear oil
since the larger housing came around I don't see travel motor failures very often ,---you can tell by the sprocket if it has the bigger housing , the old style sprocket is 2 inches offset and the new is 4 inches --- the oil is 3 ounzes of Mobile synthetic 150 and when fresh it's clear as water

OP
OP
B

Bear

since the larger housing came around I don't see travel motor failures very often ,---you can tell by the sprocket if it has the bigger housing , the old style sprocket is 2 inches offset and the new is 4 inches --- the oil is 3 ounzes of Mobile synthetic 150 and when fresh it's clear as water
I,m new to this site very informative thanks for the feedback......

Adair350

I,m new to this site very informative thanks for the feedback......
I just traded my '00 864G with 3300hrs in for a used '05 T300 1400hrs new tracks and sprockets A71 pkg and joysticks on Jan 8. I had it for two months and about 25hrs (winter) and the left drive motor went sour sent it to the dealer and they said the right motor had already been replaced and they replaced the left one under warrenty. I asked the service manger why bolth motors went bad at only 1400hrs and he said the older style motors had a smaller carrier bearing and they couldnt take the heat and strees. The newer motors (K series) have a much larger carrier bearing and they rearly see them go bad. Now that I have two newer drive motors I feel better since one of the reasons I traded the 864 was I already replaced one motor ($4300) and figured the other wasnt far behind.

Latest posts