t 190 computer fuse shorting out

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

peterwaco

I have a t 190 that keeps blowing the computer fuse, it will even do it when the machine is off. I have disconected the computers and all the sensors and still it has a dead short. I have inspected all the wiring I can and cant find any issues. you can put a fuse in and it will run for two seconds and pop the fuse, this makes me think its not the computer but a direct short at a rubbed thru wire but I am at a loss to find it.

brdgbldr

You may have two wires in the harness that rubbed and shorted together.

It sucks, but sometimes you have to open up the wire harness and look at each individual wire.

foton

If you know how to use a VOM I would put it on ohms and put one lead to the load side of the fuse that burns out, the other lead to the chassis ground and see what you read, if you get a low ohm reading that would be good, write it down ,leave meter on there and move harness around and see if it falls off, if it does you will know kinda about where the problem is if you get lucky. If the low ohm ground goes away and you end up with a higher ohm reading that could be what is normally wired in for that circuit. of course it could be crossed with another wire in the harness but one thing at a time.

OP
OP
P

peterwaco

So I put my meter in the fuse and i am reading 12 volt dead short. Went through the whole harness looking for rub spots and a voltage drop when wiggling and moving the harness away from the frame of the machine, nothing. I unplugged the connector that goes to the cab and still have the short. I was able to get the short to go away from unplugging both controller modules at the same time. the short has gotten less to the point i can run the machine but i am still reading 8 volts across the fuse. It almost seems like as the machine dried out from a big storm we had it got better. I still need to find the issue but it might be even harder now that tis intermittent.

Latest posts