T 140

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Fishfiles

I am swopping motors in a T140 , the oil pressure was going down to 9 psi after 5 minutes of run time and shutting down , swopped the sensor with a known good used one and got the same results , teed the oil pressure port and installed a mechanical gauge with same results and pukked themotor and the pan and it was full of a silvery thick paste , no chunks or pieces , just 3/8 of metallic sludge , going with the Bobct remaned , it was fairly easy getting out except for the front , right side motor mount , and the power Bobtack hoses as I pulled the pump/motor together , motor is suppose to be in Monday-----------anyone seen the silver sludge

OP
OP
F

Fishfiles

Sounds like bearings cut the filter apart and have a look see.
I cut the filter and didn't see anything out standing , got the new motor and everything is hooked back up to the pump assembly and ready to go back in , rained yesterday so Monday maybe it will run ------had a lot of things to fix while it was out the hardest being a broke bolt that had been broken for a long time in the pump thru the front , inside motor mount to sunstrand bracket , very hard bolt which didn't easy out and parts didn't work out from the dealer as they had two different set ups depending on serial number , neither matched up to what we had on the pictures , so they ordered the bolt , washers , spacers and locking arm for both set ups and sure enough neither of them worked , so it was a combination of parts and grinding to make it work , either the prints are wrong or there is a thrid set up out there -------

kls

I cut the filter and didn't see anything out standing , got the new motor and everything is hooked back up to the pump assembly and ready to go back in , rained yesterday so Monday maybe it will run ------had a lot of things to fix while it was out the hardest being a broke bolt that had been broken for a long time in the pump thru the front , inside motor mount to sunstrand bracket , very hard bolt which didn't easy out and parts didn't work out from the dealer as they had two different set ups depending on serial number , neither matched up to what we had on the pictures , so they ordered the bolt , washers , spacers and locking arm for both set ups and sure enough neither of them worked , so it was a combination of parts and grinding to make it work , either the prints are wrong or there is a thrid set up out there -------
how many hours were on that t 140 motor

OP
OP
F

Fishfiles

1,400 hours
Well this one is up and running , sounds really good , 74 psi oil pressure high speed and 55 idle , 3 hours to reinstall the engine and pump as a unit with some help , Engine Rebuilders was the rebuilder , it came thru Bobcat and I was amazed that it jumped off the instant the igintion was hit with no smoke , the hardest part was the front , right motor mount bolt , had to remove a few extra hoses and move the case drain filter to get that one in , where I was able to get it out without the extra hoses out the way

Tazza

Staff member
Well this one is up and running , sounds really good , 74 psi oil pressure high speed and 55 idle , 3 hours to reinstall the engine and pump as a unit with some help , Engine Rebuilders was the rebuilder , it came thru Bobcat and I was amazed that it jumped off the instant the igintion was hit with no smoke , the hardest part was the front , right motor mount bolt , had to remove a few extra hoses and move the case drain filter to get that one in , where I was able to get it out without the extra hoses out the way
Good to hear its up and running again. I have found if the fuel system is all primed/has fuel to the injectors from testing it will burst into life pretty easily. I have a V2203 that i worked on that does this. It's sitting with a bottle of fuel still attached to it covered up. That reminds me, i should give it a quick run to move the oil around. Its to be put into a machine, i just haven't gotten the time to put it in yet.....

OP
OP
F

Fishfiles

Good to hear its up and running again. I have found if the fuel system is all primed/has fuel to the injectors from testing it will burst into life pretty easily. I have a V2203 that i worked on that does this. It's sitting with a bottle of fuel still attached to it covered up. That reminds me, i should give it a quick run to move the oil around. Its to be put into a machine, i just haven't gotten the time to put it in yet.....
the engine rebuilder had a booklet tied to the engine and states change the oil "every" 50 hours , Bobcat has on the back door decal that a 50 hour break in first oil change is in line but then to the regular intervals , the motor went 1480 hours , maybe a shorter oil change is in line with this smaller floating crank bearinged motor

Tazza

Staff member
the engine rebuilder had a booklet tied to the engine and states change the oil "every" 50 hours , Bobcat has on the back door decal that a 50 hour break in first oil change is in line but then to the regular intervals , the motor went 1480 hours , maybe a shorter oil change is in line with this smaller floating crank bearinged motor
I remember reading that too, but for a commercial operator, that could be almost weekly depending on how long they run it every day. After 50 hours, the oil is only just starting to get black.