Stumped with the axillary hydraulics Bobcat 732?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Schultzy732

I bought my machine last year and never used the auxiliary hydraulics. I purchased a snow plow earlier this winter. The plow came with flat style fittings. I switched the old factory fittings for matching new ones. From what I've read, to activate the auxiliary hydraulics you remove a 3/8 bolt on the right steer level to enable it to rotate left and right. I;ve done this but the hydraulics don't seem to be reacting? From what I can see all the lines are connected. Does rotating the level left and right activate the hydraulics or does it change one of the pedals to function as the auxiliary??

As for my previous post about my starter, it turned out to be my timing. Once the timing was set correctly that machine started no problem. I replaced the carb with a new one. The machine runs fine when it is cold, but once it warms up it sputters and eventually stalls. It wont start until it cools down. I recently read a post on here about the Ford distributors being poor quality and the shafts wear over time. When the motor warms up the shaft has some play thus creating the sputtering and stalling. Has anyone else had this problem? My machine has about 3000hrs on it. Any advice on either of these issues would be greatly appreciated

cdmccul

The right stick doesn't rotate, it moves left to right... I'm sure that's what you meant, but better to clarify.

cdmccul

When you push the right stick forward and backward, you know how that works. If you move the stick inward towards the left side of the machine, the aux hydraulics flow one way, and when you move the stick towards the right side of the machine, the aux flows the other way. I can't remember off the top of my head, but if you push the stick far enough to the side, it will push into the detent to hold the aux engaged - useful when running the snow blower, back hoe, or other equipment requiring long or constant flow. It works in both directions for things like clamps and grapples.

As for your timing issue... Ok gonna have to check that out. My 632 (same machine as yours, just slightly lighter duty) has a problem that it just WILL not start when cold. It can take 5 minutes of cranking, even if the block heater is plugged in. Once warm it fires right up. Perhaps I have a timing issue. My plugs lookas good, but I changed them anyway, and it made no difference.

OP
OP
Schultzy732

Schultzy732

When you push the right stick forward and backward, you know how that works. If you move the stick inward towards the left side of the machine, the aux hydraulics flow one way, and when you move the stick towards the right side of the machine, the aux flows the other way. I can't remember off the top of my head, but if you push the stick far enough to the side, it will push into the detent to hold the aux engaged - useful when running the snow blower, back hoe, or other equipment requiring long or constant flow. It works in both directions for things like clamps and grapples.

As for your timing issue... Ok gonna have to check that out. My 632 (same machine as yours, just slightly lighter duty) has a problem that it just WILL not start when cold. It can take 5 minutes of cranking, even if the block heater is plugged in. Once warm it fires right up. Perhaps I have a timing issue. My plugs lookas good, but I changed them anyway, and it made no difference.
I fixed the timing by installing a Pertronix electric ignition kit. I'm still troubleshooting the auxiliary hydraulics.