struggle starting a 743

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

badbobcat743

i just bought a bobcat 743. it was sitting for a while due to bearings and races being shot, i replaced all of them while i was at it. any way while we were working on the bearing i took the battery to get charged. time came to start it up and it did and i let it run for about ten mins then shut it off. then i tried to start it again and it did. about 30 mins later i went over to start it again and it didn't until i helped it out with jumper box. i want to buy a new battery any suggestions on what kind? or how long is the battery life on a 743?

OldMachinist

First I'd have the battery tested. If the battery tests good then check for something draining the battery. Remove the neg. cable from the battery and connect a test light between the cable and the neg. battery post. With the key and everything turned off the light should not light.

[email protected]

First I'd have the battery tested. If the battery tests good then check for something draining the battery. Remove the neg. cable from the battery and connect a test light between the cable and the neg. battery post. With the key and everything turned off the light should not light.
a bad battery kills an alternator. a bad alternator kills a battery.