strange leak

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

brianv

Hello, I have a hard problem with my LX885. When ever I am pushing anything heavy I am getting a hydraulic leak under the middle of my skid steer. It leaks worse after shutdown. I pressure washed and cleaned everything so many times and can't find it. I am new to owning this machine and have a lot of work to do. Any help would greatly be appreciated. Can I download a service manual somewhere?

OP
OP
B

brianv

Sounds like something on the drive circuits. Try warming it up then parking it against something solid and making it push while you look for the leak. A telescopic mirror and a good flashlight are helpful.
There are links to some online manual in the faq section
http://www.skidsteerforum.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=67
Ken
Yes, it leaks worse when I did that! But it still comes out from center. If it is drive circuits would this be hard to fix?

OP
OP
B

brianv

Yes, it leaks worse when I did that! But it still comes out from center. If it is drive circuits would this be hard to fix?
I guess I don't know what I am looking for and at. Here is what I saw: I see main line coming from hydraulic tank and some hoses that feed various pumps. If I look under the skid steer there is a small access plate that I removed so I can see up in there. There is a large hose and rather small hose that has some sort of t on it. There is fluid everywhere even after I pressure clean it is hard to tell. Any suggestions?

jerry

I guess I don't know what I am looking for and at. Here is what I saw: I see main line coming from hydraulic tank and some hoses that feed various pumps. If I look under the skid steer there is a small access plate that I removed so I can see up in there. There is a large hose and rather small hose that has some sort of t on it. There is fluid everywhere even after I pressure clean it is hard to tell. Any suggestions?
Does the seat lift up and latch to give you access from above? If it is at all like a 665 I would take the all of the covers I could to see. On the 665 there is a cover over the valves between your legs and a large belly pan under the engine area. Look at Ken's pictures in the media section of tilting the cab on the ls160 if that applies it would really give you access. I can't tilt mine in my garage because of only 9' 6" ceiling though.

OP
OP
B

brianv

Does the seat lift up and latch to give you access from above? If it is at all like a 665 I would take the all of the covers I could to see. On the 665 there is a cover over the valves between your legs and a large belly pan under the engine area. Look at Ken's pictures in the media section of tilting the cab on the ls160 if that applies it would really give you access. I can't tilt mine in my garage because of only 9' 6" ceiling though.
I took the panel off in front of seat and lifted the seat. I still see fluid draining to small access hole under cab. I guess I will have to lift the cab. Ugh 2 kids and one on the way,2 feet of snow and running out of firewood. Timing is great!

jerry

I took the panel off in front of seat and lifted the seat. I still see fluid draining to small access hole under cab. I guess I will have to lift the cab. Ugh 2 kids and one on the way,2 feet of snow and running out of firewood. Timing is great!
If you do have to tilt it and it looks like the 160 Ken has thread on this forum describing how to do it.

OP
OP
B

brianv

If you do have to tilt it and it looks like the 160 Ken has thread on this forum describing how to do it.
Can anyone tell me where the drive circuits is? I am going to tilt the cab today and want to know what I am looking at. I am sorry to be a novice skid steer mechanic here. (but i am learning)

OP
OP
B

brianv

Can anyone tell me where the drive circuits is? I am going to tilt the cab today and want to know what I am looking at. I am sorry to be a novice skid steer mechanic here. (but i am learning)
I can't find the cab tilting info Ken has posted. Does anyone have the link?

jerry

I can't find the cab tilting info Ken has posted. Does anyone have the link?
Brian if you are still working on this go to the top of the site under media in photos second page. Under new holland 160 lifting rops. You won't necessarily need the jack but you will need a high ceiling.

rnbuck01

Brian if you are still working on this go to the top of the site under media in photos second page. Under new holland 160 lifting rops. You won't necessarily need the jack but you will need a high ceiling.
Its a lot better to have the jack to go up and back down, unless you have some way to lift it and put it back down.

OP
OP
B

brianv

http://www.skidsteerforum.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=54&frmView=ShowPost&PostID=13118
Is some info on tilting the cab. You need a come along to lift it to the balance point and a chaind hoist to catch it as it goes over center to let it down.
Ken
just getting back to this. Thank you all for your replies. I will lift the rops this weekend and let you all know what I found. Ken, I just bought a chain hoist and come along from harbor freight. I'll give it try...