Starts then stops on same position on flywheel

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

hoho

When I start my 610. Turn key to starter. It clicks on the flywheel, it clicks again , and by 4th time it engages. Then it stops on the flywheel same place and will not continue.
What happened is when we originally bought the bobcat. The gentleman turn the key in the wrong direction while the bobcat was running and graded it. And since then now it will not engage in stops of the same position on the fly wheel.

foton

put and pull the starter where it sticks and inspect the ring gear ,maybe you will get lucky and just buggered up the starters engagement gear.

gearbox

The VH4D in your 610 will always stop in 1 of 4 places it's just how it is . You need a new ring gear on the flywheel . You need to pull the engine to change it . foton suggested pulling the starter but i don't think he's ever done it on a 610 its a heck of a job with absolutely no room to work . Pulling the engine is not to bad I have done it many times .i can have one hanging on the crane in 3 hours . good luck if you were close to northern MN I could help.

2bobcats

The VH4D in your 610 will always stop in 1 of 4 places it's just how it is . You need a new ring gear on the flywheel . You need to pull the engine to change it . foton suggested pulling the starter but i don't think he's ever done it on a 610 its a heck of a job with absolutely no room to work . Pulling the engine is not to bad I have done it many times .i can have one hanging on the crane in 3 hours . good luck if you were close to northern MN I could help.
Where in n mn are you

foton

you are correct not on a 610, it was a general opinion statement as to what needs to happen.

Latest posts