Spreading a thin layer of soil

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Team Fountain

I often find myself needing to spread a thin even layer of good topsoil over the splendid Maryland clay in my area. What is the best attachment / method for getting a precise layer. Currently, I just use my bucket. There has to be a quicker, more precise method.

Tigerotor77W

I'm not sure whether this will work, but maybe the Bobcat spreader attachment could do the job? It might not be able to handle chunks of dirt too well, but I dunno, if your dirt isn't too wet or too chunky, it might do the trick. Of course... the size of the spreader might be too small to warrant its effective use. AND you'd have to have another something to load it -- either mini ex or by hand. *shrugs*

OP
OP
T

Team Fountain

I'm not sure whether this will work, but maybe the Bobcat spreader attachment could do the job? It might not be able to handle chunks of dirt too well, but I dunno, if your dirt isn't too wet or too chunky, it might do the trick. Of course... the size of the spreader might be too small to warrant its effective use. AND you'd have to have another something to load it -- either mini ex or by hand. *shrugs*
Hmmmm.