Something leaking around right foot pedal ??

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

crazycat

99 model 763. I was doing a small job (first one since nice weather) and I noticed I was leaving a trail of something as I was backing up on a slight incline. I checked it and it had a little oily feel to it but it looked and felt more like water. It was leaking down around the right foot controls. This thing sits outside all the time and we have had major snowstorms. My question is, could rain/snow have gotten inside under the seat area and then froze, then thawed as I was working? I have lifted the cab while it was running and I could not see any obvious leaks. my gauges has not dropped from what I can tell. Any ideas?? Thanks for any info.

Tazza

Staff member
Its possible its just water/ice hopefully it is something that simple.

OP
OP
C

crazycat

Its possible its just water/ice hopefully it is something that simple.
Well, I dodged a bullet on this one. After checking things while it was running, I could not find any leaks. With the cab up, I put a stick down in the fluid in the belly pan and it ended up being water. From reading other post, I guess there are drain holes in the lower pan. I think I found them and they are plugged. I started scrapeing grime out of the engine area. Wow! Looking at the engine from the rear, I have cleaned 2 1/2 gallons of crud just from the right side of the engine area. I still have a long way to go. I think I am going to pull the engine when I get time, just to clean everything and also to check for minor leaks and fix my fuel gauge problem. Man with all of the grease and grime in this thing, one spark and this 763 is toast! A little fire extinguisher wouldn't have a chance. Thanks for all your info from the site. This site has already saved me alot of $$$.

OldMachinist

Well, I dodged a bullet on this one. After checking things while it was running, I could not find any leaks. With the cab up, I put a stick down in the fluid in the belly pan and it ended up being water. From reading other post, I guess there are drain holes in the lower pan. I think I found them and they are plugged. I started scrapeing grime out of the engine area. Wow! Looking at the engine from the rear, I have cleaned 2 1/2 gallons of crud just from the right side of the engine area. I still have a long way to go. I think I am going to pull the engine when I get time, just to clean everything and also to check for minor leaks and fix my fuel gauge problem. Man with all of the grease and grime in this thing, one spark and this 763 is toast! A little fire extinguisher wouldn't have a chance. Thanks for all your info from the site. This site has already saved me alot of $$$.
Yes it is amazing how much crud can build up around and under the engine and pumps. The first time I took my engine and pump assembly out I cleaned a 5 gallon pail of stuff out and I had pressure washed what I could first. If you pull the engine and pumps I'd replace any hoses that look like they might be a pain to change with the assembly in. I marked and bagged my old ones and put them on the shelf for emergency spares.