Snow chains on a Bobcat 743B, Is there a reason not to do this?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

portsample

I'm thinking of putting snow chains on a Bobcat 743B skid steer. This would be for occasional use, and not day after day commercial snow removal. I've heard about busted sprockets and damaged chain boxes. I'd appreciate further information as well as shared experience w/these. Thanks in advance.

Hotrod1830

Tire chains are fine and will not harm your machine. They can be left on as long as desired.
Over the tire tracks however can cause problems if the machine has unevenly worn tires or a drive system in marginal condition. I have heard of some people disconnecting the front drive chains to avoid problems.
Again, if you are installing snow chains as you would on a truck , car or tractor for winter, you wont have any trouble.

OP
OP
P

portsample

Tire chains are fine and will not harm your machine. They can be left on as long as desired.
Over the tire tracks however can cause problems if the machine has unevenly worn tires or a drive system in marginal condition. I have heard of some people disconnecting the front drive chains to avoid problems.
Again, if you are installing snow chains as you would on a truck , car or tractor for winter, you wont have any trouble.
Thanks for the information HR. This old machine is new to me. Happy Holidays.