Snow Bucket

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

River Hill

What type of bucket have you guys been happy with for moving snow? I know there are many manufactures our there with light material buckets.

500K_773

I know Bobcat makes a decent bucket... FFC has a nice one, too. Check around with local landscape companies... they do a lot of plowing in the winter and could offer some sounda advice... good luck

BobcatMel

Buckets for snow removal is getting pretty rare. most people are using blowers. if you're set on a bucket, you may want to consider a combination bucket.

500K_773

Buckets for snow removal is getting pretty rare. most people are using blowers. if you're set on a bucket, you may want to consider a combination bucket.
Snow blowers would be nice for deep, fresh snowfall, but a lot of my customers are business and/or people which may wait a couple of snowfalls before the call for service. When I go in I remove the new snow and the hardpack. I currently use a 74" Low Profile bucket with a revesible cutting edge. I have to keep the bucket at a 60°-70° to "pop" up the hardpack. The problem I have is that the hardpack then accumulates and begins to push up on the back of the bucket. I can't get weight to the cutting edge to continue to pop up the hardpack and have to push this to the pile.
The state maintenance crews here use a T200 with a 6-way dozer blade to keep the sidewalks clear around town. Although Bobcat does not endorse the use of the T200 with their snowblade, it does a great job with the dozer blade for snow. The dozer blade does not have a trip edge like the snow blade, but neither does my bucket. The dozer blade would be nice because it would roll the snow in front of you or it could be angled to the side.
I am having a difficult time deciding whether to get a 90" snow bucket with a revesible cutting edge or a 6-way dozer blade for next winter. At least I could use the dozer blade all year, can't use the snow bucket year around even here in Alaska :)

Rich

I'm using a Bobcat 80" snowbuck with a reverseable cutting edge. I live down the road from C.A. in Fairbanks so we both are plowing in the same snow conditions. Until I picked up the snowbucket this week, I was using a 68" C & I bucket. The snow bucket is much deeper, and seems to be curved on the backside so I'm not having the same problem that C.A. has with snow pack spilling over the bucket. I've only got about 6 hours plowing experience with it but it's working fine for the jobs I've had.

italiano67

I'm using a Bobcat 80" snowbuck with a reverseable cutting edge. I live down the road from C.A. in Fairbanks so we both are plowing in the same snow conditions. Until I picked up the snowbucket this week, I was using a 68" C & I bucket. The snow bucket is much deeper, and seems to be curved on the backside so I'm not having the same problem that C.A. has with snow pack spilling over the bucket. I've only got about 6 hours plowing experience with it but it's working fine for the jobs I've had.
I also use a 78 inch bucket for snow removal. It is a Berlon and is just a little more expensive than the Bobcat bucket and built a tad heavier. I would not use anything else. I see guys using straight blades and I think it is ridicilious. I can stack over a curb, load the salt truck quickly, pile high on the ends and overall move alot of material. The only drawback is the snow trails on the edges but I think it still is very fast.

Latest posts