Snow blower for 36 horsepower 743 bobcat?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Treesforme

I'm wondering if I'm able to buy a snow blower for my 36 horsepower bobcat 743, I'm sure it is low flow, is there an option for me to have a snow blower on that? Thank you for your time hope everyone's having a great new year.

mrbb

I am no expert, but I doubt there is any that you would want to use, as the low flow and low HOP< would mean a very tiny blower, not wide at all, , meaning your machine would not be able to clear a path as wide as it, and the amount of time to clear even a small area, would be very time consuming!

IMO< you'd you'd be way better of buying a dedicated snow blower walk behind , or maybe a riding mower with an add on on blower, some of them you can add a enclosure to them too if you wanted

Phil314

There are several companies (FFC, Spartan) that make 48" snowblowers (8-13gpm) that would work on your machine.
But you need to have real expectations. It just isn't going to throw a lot of snow or throw it far.
It will be slow going in deep or heavy snow and 48" is narrow.

I would think a snowplow would be a better option on that machine.
Probably just as fast as the blower in most cases and cheaper.

spitzair

About the only thing that would perform to any satisfaction with a 743 would be a snowblower attachment with its own engine, that way it has all the power it needs. Not sure what's out there to buy in that size range though other than things people would have cooked up themselves…

Edit: a quick google search resulted in this…

OP
OP
Treesforme

Treesforme

Thank you very much to all your replies I am taking things into consideration most likely going to get the self-powered snow blower!

mrbb

Thank you very much to all your replies I am taking things into consideration most likely going to get the self-powered snow blower!
if you do, I would highly recommend ONLY using NON ethanol fuel it it, so as it sits over warm weather you don't end up[ with running issues come snow time! best of luck to you!

Latest posts