sloppy up and down pedal 743

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Vince

Hi Guys ,..me again Tazza,..another one for you,..is there any adjustment for the up and down pedal,..I have to stand and dig my heel in to get the bucket up ,..I noticed the links are a bit sloppy as is the pedal ,..it has a fair bit of play and it dosen't feel spring loaded like the right pedal....is it easy to adjust and where sre they adjust from ? cheers

Tazza

Staff member
Hey Vince
It depends on how much wear you have on the linkages and pedal pivot points. There are 5 points that wear that could be causing your problem.
1. The pedal pivot points where it attach's to the frame.
2. The rubber bush on the pedal to the steel bar.
3. The rubber bush under the seat where the bar attach's to yet another bar.
4. The bushing under the pump where the bar crosses the chain case.
5. The pin that goes through the bar to the spool on the control valve.
Now, with all that said, you can remove all the slop if you are willing to spend some time on it. I made bushings for the pedals, new rubber/steel bushings available from your dealer. New bushing under the pump and you can drill the eye out on the spool and install larger pins. I have done this all myself and the machine is like new, NO wear or play.
You can adjust the position of the pedal too bu un-doing the 2 bolts that hold it in place. They can be horrible to remove, they are in a hard to get to area and usually rust on pretty solid. If you can crack them, you will be able to slide the plate to alter the position of the pedal to make it more comfortable.
See how you go with that, if you want to contact me direct click my profile, it has my e-mail address.
Depending on how far you want to go, you can remove a lot of the slop out of your controls, i can take piccies if you need them. If you have access to a lathe you can do even more to get it rite.