Skid-Steer Trailer Mover

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

TriHonu

We are a stepchild of the lower 48 so prices are always higher.I love to fab with new metal and the scraps always go into little projects. High prices give me an incentive recycle what I have, plus I have no room to store stuff.
With the daylight coming back,I'll be working on more things.I have a small shop I need to finish getting roof and sides on.Just trying to build up the enthusiasm to start.
I will post some pics of stuff I put together over the years if you promise not to laugh too hard.Most of my projects started with a need, than I would take what I have laying around the yard,using pieces than were never intended to be used for what I used them for and make something useful for myself. Sub par craftmanship, lack of money never stopped me in my quest for a better way.It s always fun for me and I try not to take myself too seriously.If anyone has questions about what and why I did something, feel free to ask.I can handle the occasional "what you been smoking" remark too.Lots of failure has been part of the process, so from that, I've learned a lot. Scott
The 331 and Mustang skid are up for rebuild next winter after I get the shop inclosed.I'm sure this site will invaluable for that.
As long as your projects serve a use to you, that is all that matters. I really enjoy seeing other peoples projects and ideas. They don't have to be expensive and well engineered to do the function the builder needed to accomplish. Sometimes seeing other peoples projects give me ideas or solutions for my projects.
"To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk." - Thomas Alva Edison
That being said, I have seen and participated in some repairs on the farm that were the ugliest things you ever saw... but they worked. When you're many miles from town and all you have is a cutting torch, arc welder and a pile of junk, you just have to determine how to repair or build what you want with what you have at hand.
I believe all the readers of this forum are here to learn, and God bless the rest who are here to share and teach. So don't be bashful, you may just get some responses that will help you do it better next time or provide you with the next great project!

sterlclan

As long as your projects serve a use to you, that is all that matters. I really enjoy seeing other peoples projects and ideas. They don't have to be expensive and well engineered to do the function the builder needed to accomplish. Sometimes seeing other peoples projects give me ideas or solutions for my projects.
"To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk." - Thomas Alva Edison
That being said, I have seen and participated in some repairs on the farm that were the ugliest things you ever saw... but they worked. When you're many miles from town and all you have is a cutting torch, arc welder and a pile of junk, you just have to determine how to repair or build what you want with what you have at hand.
I believe all the readers of this forum are here to learn, and God bless the rest who are here to share and teach. So don't be bashful, you may just get some responses that will help you do it better next time or provide you with the next great project!
its aint junk till I say so......An old friend once said....good words these days.recycle and reuse is good for me