Skid Steer T173 bucket lifts but does not Tilt to dump bucket

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

BigOlThomas

I am struggling with this and I am hoping someone can help me out. I have an old T173 skid steer that I bought for a home project. The pedals to lift the bucket gets stuck, especially at high throttle, after a few foot pounding it eventually responds and will raise up and down. I cannot empty the bucket by tilt (push the toe of the pedal) , I am able to lift the bucket back up if it is in a tilted position. The way I dump the bucket is by raising the bucket high and lowering it while pushing on the tilt pedal at the same time. After doing this a few times the bucket tilts slowly. So dumping a bucket takes about 5 to 6 lifting of the bucket and lowering it. Another way is to reduce the throttle and with the loaded bucket weight, it eventually tilts, however i have to sit there and watch it for 5 minutes. Very frustrating. Any ideas how to resolve this? Thanks.

Tazza

Staff member
Do you have good lifting power?
I'm wondering if your aux hydraulics are sticking on, causing the oil to divert and not allow you to dump.
The pedals shouldn't be tight either.....

7LBSSMALLIE

Do you have good lifting power?
I'm wondering if your aux hydraulics are sticking on, causing the oil to divert and not allow you to dump.
The pedals shouldn't be tight either.....
agree with tazz. aux stick or another scenirie is bics stem orings blown. by the way what is a t173, you know its kinda important the garbage in garbage out. thing. as a tech kinda need specifics, on the coumpter I got spell check. but seriousy a t173. now a few years ago I got a bobcat forklift checked in for repair. SO MAYBE?

Latest posts