Skat Trak 1700 xhp with an Isuzu

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

MKing

I think it's an engine swap but I need to know how to shut off the fuel for shutting the engine off. I can't find where a selinoid would mount or what it would pull to shut off. All the is is a thottle lever that moves. Does it pull below an idle to shut off?

OP
OP
M

MKing

Looks like the stock engine was a Perkins 4.236. Now it is definitely an Isuzu possibly a 4jc1.

Tazza

Staff member
Looks like the stock engine was a Perkins 4.236. Now it is definitely an Isuzu possibly a 4jc1.
I know i have had an engine that you throttled back to shut it off.
Are there any levers or solenoids around the injector pump?

OP
OP
M

MKing

I know i have had an engine that you throttled back to shut it off.
Are there any levers or solenoids around the injector pump?
There is a rod that pivots on a bracket below the throttle lever. I can't see it very well, but I don't think the bracket is suposed to move. It could be possible that it's stuck. but I don't think so. No solenoids.

Tazza

Staff member
There is a rod that pivots on a bracket below the throttle lever. I can't see it very well, but I don't think the bracket is suposed to move. It could be possible that it's stuck. but I don't think so. No solenoids.
Very strange, there should be something there to cut the fuel. How do you currently shut it off?

OP
OP
M

MKing

Very strange, there should be something there to cut the fuel. How do you currently shut it off?
Tazza, I idle the engine all the way down and pull the levers hard and kill the engine. tought to do and keep anything in the bucket or on a trailer. I did a search on the forum and it looks like a few others have talked about this. ! Isuzu model had only an air shut off. I also read that a newer model of this engine was used in the 863 Bobcat.

Tazza

Staff member
Tazza, I idle the engine all the way down and pull the levers hard and kill the engine. tought to do and keep anything in the bucket or on a trailer. I did a search on the forum and it looks like a few others have talked about this. ! Isuzu model had only an air shut off. I also read that a newer model of this engine was used in the 863 Bobcat.
After i posted that i thought about the air shut off too, can you fit one to it at all? It just blocks off the intake manifold so no air is drawn in. I'm not a fan of that setup, but obviously works.

OP
OP
M

MKing

After i posted that i thought about the air shut off too, can you fit one to it at all? It just blocks off the intake manifold so no air is drawn in. I'm not a fan of that setup, but obviously works.
I had a retired diesel injection guy over today to take a look. There is a mechanical shut off a little below and behind the Throttle shaft. It is very hard to see and you can't tell by feel that it is on a shaft that was stuck. Got it freed up and now it moves and works. I am going to make a lever on the back wall of the cab to push it down to shut the engine off. Thanks for your help.