She's off for a complete makeover

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

lesgawlik

I sent my T200 to the shop for some work. I ordered the "V" groove CamoPlast tracks for her. When I bought the machine, it had rather ragged looking CamoPlast tracks. I put a few hundred hours on them, and they didn't wear at all, so I became rather impressed with them. Something gave way recently, since the left track came off. I've had that happen before, but this time the rubber belts started moving apart, i.e. the track width actually increased on that side. The belts were slipping off the steel links, and one of the links actually rotate 180* so that the guide "teeth" were pointing outwards. It wasn't that hard to force it back, but I knew at that point it was loose. I was worried that the belts would pull out of the links, and the track would fall apart. I was able to let all the grease out, work the track on and then pump it up. I drove it on the roll off without a hitch. While up there, I'm asking the shop to put POR-15 over the sides while the tracks are off, and top coat it with a spray can. They did this previously with the loader arms, and did a great job. My machine was a rental, and saw a lot of service in the concrete business. That has made my machine more than a little rusty. Like most all CTL operators, I am constantly concerned about traction in snow. The salesman said the "V" groove CamoPlast tracks get good recommendations. I looked at the Bridgestone snow tracks, but they're pretty expensive in 450 mm widths. I think this season I'll be using the machine a lot in snow, so I be sure to post AARs.