Service/Operators/Parts Manuals for L553

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

pevrs114

Gents, I just picked up a NH L553 with the V1902 Kubota engine. I'm looking around for pdf of the service, operators, and parts manuals for this machine. I'd prefer to find free versions if they are out there. So far, all I have found is paid versions. Any ideas? Thanks!

Ivan

I do not know if free ones are out there but if I was you I wouid buy the hard copy ones. The PDF ones I have seen are not very good. There is a place that deals in manuals or all thesemachines. Sorry do not remember the name but I have bought tractor manuals from them before and they are factory mauals but may be used

OP
OP
P

pevrs114

I do not know if free ones are out there but if I was you I wouid buy the hard copy ones. The PDF ones I have seen are not very good. There is a place that deals in manuals or all thesemachines. Sorry do not remember the name but I have bought tractor manuals from them before and they are factory mauals but may be used
Thanks for the info!

OP
OP
P

pevrs114

I was able to find a set of hard copy manuals on FB marketplace, $100 for the set of all 3. Thanks!

UnexpectedBill

This is allot like my situation so maybe you can help me. A while back I picked up a low hours 1989 NH L555 - basically the same as a L553- and have been looking for the rt service manual. Mine is from the Ford years and the boom safety lockout system was bypassed by the previous owner. The seat and seatbelt switches removed, connectors cut off, so the machine only starts and operates with the switch on the module in the SERVICE position.
I bought the only manual I could find @ the time, a reprint for the Sperry-NH 553/555, and it only shows connectors and wires going into the harness bundle for each component, not the individual wire routing or splice and connections in the harness. Since I need to rewire to add the missing seat and seatbelt switches to make the safety lockout work, I need the full diagram to know what wires at the module go to what.
If the real deal manual shows it, I'll keep looking and pay for it. I just don't want to spend a hundy only to find it doesn't have what I need and I'm still going to have to decipher it with an ohmmeter. I'd really like to get the boom safety lock working again. The small amount I've used it so far has convinced me of why they built it that way.
Just wondering if the hardcopy manual you bought shows the individual wires in the diagram?