Securing T200

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

lesgawlik

I have read a number of posts complaining about the theft of equipment, and I have this question. When the seat bar is raised, is there any practical way of moving the skidsteer? I am thinking that the easiest way to secure the CTL is to chain the seat bar in the up position. I have been told that there is no easy or practical way to move a skidsteer unless the seat bar is down. If I take a steel bar and put a lock and hasp on it, I think it would be difficult to get the bar down and operate the loader. I just put a new glass window on the door, but that could be defeated with a brick. Since it's tempered glass, they could get in without even cutting themselves.

Tazza

Staff member
I think i have heard of people using a bar through the ROPS and securing the steering levers. If they can't be moved, the machine can't move either.
Thi thing is, if someone REALLY wants your machine, nothing you can do will stop them getting it.

biggie

You could have a "keyless panel" installed. This need a start code. Chains can be cut.

OP
OP
L

lesgawlik

You could have a "keyless panel" installed. This need a start code. Chains can be cut.
I have a keyless panel. Right now, it is set to operate without a code. I do not have the owner's code necessary to set a code. I have been told that these machines are stolen even with the keyless panels.

Tazza

Staff member
I have a keyless panel. Right now, it is set to operate without a code. I do not have the owner's code necessary to set a code. I have been told that these machines are stolen even with the keyless panels.
If its not SJC i feel its pretty easy to steal a machine. wire up the fuel shut off solenoid, and by-pass the brake, one jumper cable to the starter and its gone. Even something like a battery isolater would help slow them down too, the ones you can lock.
I know chains can be cut, but if you use case hardened locks, they sure will have a hard time. I have never been able to cut a hardened lock with bolt cutters.

OP
OP
L

lesgawlik

If its not SJC i feel its pretty easy to steal a machine. wire up the fuel shut off solenoid, and by-pass the brake, one jumper cable to the starter and its gone. Even something like a battery isolater would help slow them down too, the ones you can lock.
I know chains can be cut, but if you use case hardened locks, they sure will have a hard time. I have never been able to cut a hardened lock with bolt cutters.
Does anyone use a chain through the undercarriage and over the track?

siduramaxde

First thing to look at is lojack second is to hook a hidden switch to the fuel cut of
I figure if someone wants the machine bad enough they are going to take it. I don't make it easy for my machine to be stolen but I also don't lock it up like Fort Knox. I just keep the insurance paid up....that is my security