seat replacement lx865

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Dawg

My original seat is a dual switch system. My replacement seat is a single switch. The question is will the wire harness need to be changed or can I just not worry about the second switch?

Earthwerks Unlimited

Have you tried using a small jumper to simulate the second switch? I had problems with my '05 LS185.b's seat switch wires BEFORE they got to the switch. When they went lost connection that would automatically set the parking brake--which would nearly send me through the cab door! Not something you want with a 2-speed flying around.
Whjat I did was totally disuse the seat switch and replaced it with a hidden toggle switch. Now I have security even if someone has a key. Just remeber to trun off the swicth when you are done for the day--leave it on and it will still send power to the instrument panel and discharge the battery. DOH! But the up-side is: even if they find the hidden switch---the battery is dead!

thetool

Have you tried using a small jumper to simulate the second switch? I had problems with my '05 LS185.b's seat switch wires BEFORE they got to the switch. When they went lost connection that would automatically set the parking brake--which would nearly send me through the cab door! Not something you want with a 2-speed flying around.
Whjat I did was totally disuse the seat switch and replaced it with a hidden toggle switch. Now I have security even if someone has a key. Just remeber to trun off the swicth when you are done for the day--leave it on and it will still send power to the instrument panel and discharge the battery. DOH! But the up-side is: even if they find the hidden switch---the battery is dead!
Man I just went through this a couple weeks ago and it drove me nuts, not to mention making a fool of myself in front of my customer.......=).
If you're upgrading to the new single-switch seat, you have to take one of the old switches apart to snap it in. You take the button off, the new seat has a plate built into the seat, and it works better than the switch buttons, so you only need one switch.
The other harness, you leave OPEN!!! Or else your dash blinks and flashes whether you sit in the seat or not. If you jumper the extra harness, it thinks you're in the seat......=).

Earthwerks Unlimited

Man I just went through this a couple weeks ago and it drove me nuts, not to mention making a fool of myself in front of my customer.......=).
If you're upgrading to the new single-switch seat, you have to take one of the old switches apart to snap it in. You take the button off, the new seat has a plate built into the seat, and it works better than the switch buttons, so you only need one switch.
The other harness, you leave OPEN!!! Or else your dash blinks and flashes whether you sit in the seat or not. If you jumper the extra harness, it thinks you're in the seat......=).
"I see"... said the blind man...to his...deaf wife. And they both fell in the ditch.
Goodtoknow. : )