Salvage parts

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

BGDavis

A couple of weeks ago I visited this site and was reading someones post about where to find some older and hard to find parts. Someone suggested a website that had salvage parts. I looked at it ad it looks like what I need. My middle ram has a burr in it and keeps ripping the seals as soon as they are put in. Now I cannot find the site and had noticed they sell seal kits for about half the price of the ones I get at Bobcat. Does anyone know the salvage dealer I am referring to?

jerry

Are you close to a town with a hydraulic cyl repair shop? They will be a good source for seals and can take a look at the rod and tell you if they can save it just by polishing the scratch out. You can smooth out some bad scratchs and burrs with the proper tools and save the shaft sometimes depending on where they are and how deep.

Tazza

Staff member
Are you close to a town with a hydraulic cyl repair shop? They will be a good source for seals and can take a look at the rod and tell you if they can save it just by polishing the scratch out. You can smooth out some bad scratchs and burrs with the proper tools and save the shaft sometimes depending on where they are and how deep.
As a quick fix, not a permenant soloution, if its simply a bur, get a fine file or oil stone and remove the bur. The seal will still work, not as efficiently but it does work, i have done it myself. It will work even better if you get a pressure seal with an energising ring on it too. I had a problem with a rod seal and installed one of these, it now doesn't leak.

Latest posts