S850 cooling fan won’t stop running

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Jringg

Any help would be much appreciated. I just bought a 2018 s850 with 1400 hrs. Operated it for an hour today to get a feel for it.
As the title states, when I shut the machine off, the blowers on the back of the unit continue to run. I had to disconnect them before going home so it wouldn't run the battery down.
I did change the battery because we couldn't get it started when I first got it and I figured a new battery would be wise anyway.
Bad relay? Wiring harness? Any ideas?

brdgbldr

I'm not familiar with that specific machine but I do know that most electric fans run off of a thermostat switch. This means that a lot of them will not turn on or off until the coolant reaches a certain temperature.

In your case, if you had waited for the machine to cool down the fan may have stopped on its own.

You may also want to see if the fan starts up immediately when the cold machine is started or if the fan waits for the machine to warm up before turning on.

That being said, If the fan does not turn off at all, you may have a bad temperature sensor.

reaperman

Your machine did exactly what it was suppose to do. There are 2 fans mounted to the rear door that cool the exhaust pipe off after the machines has been turned off. Sometimes they will run for a good 5 minutes before shutting down automatically. I know it seems stupid and it probably is, but that's the world we live in with our "clean burning diesel engines".

Latest posts