S650

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bobcatbrian

I am wondering if anyone out there that has a Bobcat s650 and used it on a bobcat stump grinder or snow blower. How do the lower, hi-flow and higher psi hydraulics of the 650 compare to the higher hi-flow and lower psi hydros of the 250 or 300 machines? Do hydraulic attachments perform as well or better on the 650? Id like to get the 650 if it can handle the grinder. If not, im thinking 750.

skidsteer.ca

You would lose some speed from the lower gpm but the torque would be higher which would help maintain the speed you have better.
If you look up the formula for calculating hydraulic horsepower you would be able to see how the two theoretically compare.
I know I'd be very happy with either, I grind with 24gpm at 2600 psi
More would always be nice, but since I rarely grind more then a few hour at a time, the payoff on a updated would be a long one
skidsteer.ca

OP
OP
B

bobcatbrian

You would lose some speed from the lower gpm but the torque would be higher which would help maintain the speed you have better.
If you look up the formula for calculating hydraulic horsepower you would be able to see how the two theoretically compare.
I know I'd be very happy with either, I grind with 24gpm at 2600 psi
More would always be nice, but since I rarely grind more then a few hour at a time, the payoff on a updated would be a long one
skidsteer.ca
The 650 has about 10 less hyd hp. I'm hoping someone has used a 250 and 650 and can tell me if it makes a big difference or not. I spend about 150 hrs a year grinding stumps and im getting a snow blower for the coming winter. Id like to order a 750 but it wont be ready till early January and there are no used 750's. I have found a few 650's with a couple hundred hours on them for a few thousand less than new. If the 650 can handle the grinder and blower with no problems, i can get one now and have it ready for winter.